Sea freight is a large-scale, cost-effective and safe transport of goods. Goods are packed in containers and loaded onto ships, transported to international ports around the world.
TCL’s Sea Freight Service has a network of agents and delivery networks throughout the continent, including the world’s leading agents in Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. TCL Logistics has the strength of freight forwarding to import and export to any country in the world.
- Consolidation is a form of consolidating the goods in small quantities from various shippers when they do not have the requisite quantity of goods to fit into the container.
- Full Container Loading (FCL): is a form of packing goods into whole container, depending on the quantity can be attached to the contours of different sizes: 20 ‘, 40’. With full container transport service, shippers can be more secure about the safety of goods when the goods are closed separately, not mixed with the goods of other shippers.
The consolidation process by sea freight as following :
- Receipt of information: Customers provide information to TCL’s sales department about: weight, quantity, dimension of each package, name of commodity, picking location, destination port and requirements for shipping methods
- Shipping Quotation: Based on the Incoterm ( International Transporting Condition ) that the customer requests, TCL will quote the price (s) as services: port to port, door to port or door to door delivery
- Pick up: After the quotation has been confirmed, TCL will ask for the address and time to pick up the goods (the customer will need to accurately report the quantity of goods, the delivery time and the contact information of the deliverer to facilitate for TCL in arranging vehicles and labors to pick up the goods)
- Volume re-measurement: TCL will carry out weighing and counting of goods to confirm with the customer the exact volume (cbm) along with the payment fee
- Customs declaration: If the customer selects the customs clearance service of the company, the export department staff will declare the goods list and transport information to the e-customs system
- Document Confirmation: After consolidation into the container and moving to the deck, TCL will send the customer a set of documents including Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoice, Packing List and other attached documents for customers to check and confirm. (These documents are intended to help clear the goods at the port of destination)
- Transit time notice: TCL will announce the time of goods shipment (when the goods arrive at the port of destination) and send the customer tracking code (Tracking Number) for convenient inspection on the system.
- Arrival notice: When the goods arrive at the port of destination, TCL or TCL agents will notify by email and telephone to the consignee to prepare the procedure and papers to receive (in case the customer selects the door to door delivery service, the recipient does not need to prepare documents that TCL will do the procedures themselves)
- Delivery: After successful delivery, TCL will notify the sender of the status of goods upon delivery (sufficient quantity, no damage, distortion), thereby ending the shipment process of transportation.
Similar to the consolidation process, the FCL service for international shipping is :
- Goods in one or more containers owned by a single owner
- Goods are transported directly to the destination port without transitting through the port of transshipment (with regular shipping, goods are usually delivered to a transshipment port such as Hong Kong or Singapore and then gathering with cargoes in which direct to another destination port)
- Each container is secured when TCL close them by sealing.
- When unloading at the port of destination, as only one owner, the shipment should be avoided confusing with the consolidation service with many different shipments.
Vessel Selection: With nearly 20 years of experience in the field of freight forwarding, TCL has contracted and partnered with a number of prestigious shipping lines in Vietna and abroad. Depend on the request and destination of the goods, TCL will advise the customer to the best shipping carrier with the most competitive prices.